On the last weekend in May we will be hosting a fabulous weekend dedicated to the world`s most famous wine region – Bordeaux! Guided by international renown food & wine expert and seasoned speaker Roland Birr, we will embark on a journey discovering the traditional food & wine delights, learn more about the history & present of this region as well as the unique organisation and classification of Bordeaux!
From Friday to Sunday we will be tasting a whole variety of traditional local foods, which may sometimes sound a bit rustic or adventurous, but are absolutely uniquely delicious! Here a small selection of menu items:
- fish soup,croutons, garlic rouille, grated cheese
- foie gras, apple tart, blue cheese and Sauternes
- local tomato salad with cornichons, onions & chillies
- duck breast in a pepper sauce
- sweetbreads in a cognac, mushroom & cream sauce
- entrecôte with a red wine & bone marrow sauce
- roasted leg of young lamb with herbs
- grilled pigeons with peas
- mustard coated stuffed rabbit
Of course all of this good food will be paired with a large range of wines – from the big names and and well renown labels to some delightful discoveries of surprisingly unknown less renown wines – it will be a true feast for all #winelovers and #lifelovers!!!
PRICING & BOOKING
The price for this whole package as described above is Euro 380,- per adult and the following items are included in the price for the weekend:
- two nights of accommodation in a shared double room (en-suite in the village)
- Moderation and hosting by Roland Birr
- Welcome reception
- Workshop on the “Introduction to the Bordeaux grape varieties and its satellite wine growing regions” incl. tasting
- Special Bordelaise Dinner on Friday incl. wine pairing (5 glasses)
- Leisurely Breakfast on Saturday
- Workshop: “All about Bordeaux – the mother of all red wines” incl. tasting
- Workshop: “Understanding Bordeaux – the importance its unique geographical position” incl. tasting
- Bordeaux Style Lunch
- A hopefully relaxing siesta on Saturday afternoon
- Workshop: “The Bordeaux classification & the development of the Bordeaux wine trade in the world” incl. tasting
- Festive Gourmet Dinner on Saturday incl. wine pairing (5 glasses)
- A Sparkling breakfast on Sunday Morning
- a selection of Twinings tea and water in your room
- access to the Vale Verde Wellness Gym
- free WiFi
For bookings please send us an email to email@example.com
Important: for this offer special booking and cancellation conditions apply. We require a downpayment of 50% of the total sum upon booking, which is non-refundable for cancellations. Further costs for cancellations do apply less than 60 days prior to your scheduled arrival, please consult our cancellation policy. Should we be able to obtain another booking for this period , we will happily refund the total downpayment with no fees applied!
If you require an individual offer for more nights or fewer night or a different number of people, please do not hesitate to contact us – we are most happy to provide you a personalised offer!